Thursday, November 26, 2009

Leg workout, Lee

Feeling so-so, could have been stronger with these:

Front squats.
1. Bar + 10 lbs (x2), 1 set x 10 reps
2. Bar + 15 lbs (x2), " "
3. Bar + 20 lbs (x2), " "
4. Bar + 25 lbs (x2), " "
And reverse back 4 through 1.
*Keep elbows up, don't crane neck, squat low. The bar will not strangle me.
*Tip from Lee: to stretch out hip flexors (which inhibit me from squatting lower), reach back during a forward lunge stretch (1 knee on ground) to grab my foot and pull it up...will stretch the hip.

Hack Squats:
1 45lbs plate (x2), 3 sets of 20 reps.
Brutal. Lots of pain-filled sounds that I can't control. I think the noises I make when doing these distracts me more than the burn I am feeling. Finally solved the mystery of the strange small concentrated bruises on my back at the base of my ribcage last week - it's the hack squat machine. Next time I'll bring a towel.

*Also need to remember to eat my breakfast at least an hour before my workout. I don't think 20 minutes is enough time for my body to absorb the energy for the workout...makes a difference mentally more than physically for me.

Thanks Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment